SHICARA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect:
- Contact information including contact number, email address, shipping and billing address.
- Purchase history
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with this information:
- Facilitation of order processing, fulfilment, correspondence and order clarification purposes.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have subscribed to the newsletter.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Personal Data Protection
We at SHICARA take our responsibilities under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously. We recognise the importance of safeguarding the personal data you have provided us and it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
If you, at any time, have any queries on this policy or any other queries in relation to how we may manage, protect and/or process your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your personal data, which include but are not limited to:
- Communicating with you on your enquiries, and/or sending you marketing, advertising and promotional information and materials
- Administrative matters on your sign-ups/registrations for accounts, payments or refunds and shipping.
- Any other purposes that we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent
We respect the confidentiality of the personal data you have provided to us. In that regard, we will not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so. However, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
- cases in which the disclosure is required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
- cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- cases in which the disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
- cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- cases in which the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest; and/or
- where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
Where we disclose your personal data to third parties with your consent, we will employ our best efforts to require such third parties to protect your personal data.
In the event that the personal data currently in our possession is incorrect, you can send us a request to amend or edit your data. Please submit your written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by submitting your request to email@example.com
We will put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
If you have any complaint or grievance regarding about how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with the PDPA, we welcome you to contact us with your complaint or grievance. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time. We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Data Protection Policy at our absolute discretion. Any amended Data Protection Policy will be posted on our website.
You are encouraged to visit the above website from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.
- to improve your user experience on this website;
- to remember your preferences;
- to help us understand how this website is performing;
- to monitor traffic to the website;
- to enable this website to function properly;
SHICARA is the operator of this site. Our Websites, and each of its respective modules, together with the arrangement and compilation of the content found on Our Websites, are the copyrighted property of SHICARA and/or its various third-party providers and distributors and which is licensed to SHICARA.
Nothing contained on Our Websites should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the content on Our Websites or Trademarks without the prior written permission of SHICARA, or such other party that may own the content on the site or SHICARA’s Trademarks.
SHICARA grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use Our Websites in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. You agree that you:
- shall not employ misleading email addresses or falsify information in the header, footer, return path, or any part of any communication, including emails, transmitted through Our Websites.
- shall not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit distribute or otherwise communicate to the public any of the content provided in Our Websites, including the text, graphics, button icons, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, without the prior written permission of SHICARA and/or its third party providers and distributors, except that you may download, display and print the materials presented on Our Websites for your personal, non-commercial use only.
- shall not alter, modify, translate, decompile, adapt, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works from any content or component from Our Websites without the prior written permission of SHICARA and/or its third-party providers and distributors.
- shall not use any “robot,” “spider”, “crawler” or other automated device, or a program, algorithm or methodology having similar processes or functionality, or any manual process, to monitor or copy any of the web pages, data or content found on Our Websites, in any case without the prior written permission of SHICARA and/or its third-party providers and distributors.
- shall not transmit or otherwise transfer any web pages, data or content found on Our Websites to any other computer, server, web site, or other medium for mass distribution or for use in any commercial enterprise. The use of such materials on any other web site or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited.
- shall not post or transmit any information which (i) infringes the rights of others or violates their privacy or publicity rights, (ii) is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, unless with the express written permission of the owner of such right, (iii) contains a virus, bug, worm, time bomb, trojan horse, trap door or other harmful item, (iv) is used to unlawfully collude against another person in restraint of trade or competition, or (v) creates any liability on SHICARA or causes SHICARA to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our internet service providers or other suppliers.
You agree that you shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or any other loss or harm resulting from your use of Our Websites.
In consideration of SHICARA permitting you to use the site, in registering and providing such personal information, you represent and warrant that: (a) the information about yourself is true, accurate, current, and complete (apart from optional items) as required by various registration forms on the site (the “Registration Data”) and (b) you will maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if SHICARA has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SHICARA has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future access to and use of Our Websites.